The Preserve at Sharp Mountain
[View MLS Listings of All Lots for Sale in The Preserve at Sharp Mountain, Jasper (Pickens County) GA]
[View MLS Listings of All Homes for Sale in The Preserve at Sharp Mountain, Jasper (Pickens County) GA]
The gated mountain community of The Preserve at Sharp Mountain in Jasper Georgia (Pickens County), is a pristine neighborhood of rolling hills, lush old-growth trees, splendid views, and beautiful homes on estate size lots, close to the convenience of town.
The Preserve at Sharp Mountain (a Naterra Land Company development), focuses less on the traditional amenities of swim, tennis and golf, and concentrates instead on the benefits of outdoor activities presented by the natural splendor of Pickens County and North Georgia. Nature parks, hiking / walking trails, waterfalls, and large, carefully planned lots are just some of the features that allow residents to reconnect with the world around and savor the air of calm, quiet and privacy that pervades this environmental preserve on the slopes of Sharp Mountain.
Houses in The Preserve at sharp Mountain are generally custom, rather than spec, built, and therefore the few resales that are available are generally very diverse in terms of price, style and features. Home prices range from the low $300,s to close to $800,000, with an average home sale price below $500,000.
The Preserve at Sharp Mountain lots for sale (and sold) start below $30,000 and go up to around $200,000, with lots between 3- to 20+-acres in size -- many of which offer long range views, waterfalls, creeks and rock features.
Highlights of The Preserve at Sharp Mt.:
- 1,600+ acres of rolling hills, creeks and waterfalls;
- Minimum 3-acre lot size;
- Wooded lots with old growth trees, views, water features, and good building sites;
- Mainly resale homes for sale in The Preserve at Sharp Mountain, more so than new, as most homes are custom, not spec built (although there are a few). All houses are fairly new, built in 2001 or later;
- Underground utilities and wide roads;
- Hiking trails (named one of the best communities for hikers, bikers, and walkers in Pinnacle Living’s Mountain Homes Southern Style, “Best of the Mountains Awards 2007”);
- Plentiful wildlife;
- Long and short range mountain views from elevations 2,000 feet above sea level or higher;
- Eight nature parks, a bird sanctuary, butterfly garden, and native garden, celebrate the natural environment and history of the area;
- Gated (coded) entrance for security;
- Although secluded, The Preserve at Sharp Mountian is approximately only 5-miles from the Home Depot / Kroger shopping center in Jasper, and 4-miles from Piedmont Mountainside Medical Center;
- Low annual association dues of $495.
Listings of land and lots in The Preserve at Sharp Mountain were fairly strong until the market downturn, which has created some pressure on pricing and made this a very affordable community for buyers. Available lots are resales, many of them bank-owned foreclosure listings at very competitive prices. A number of these are located in the newer phases of development, close to the new gated entrance off Henderson Mountain Road, rather than the main entrance off Salem Church / Petit Roads.
There are usually a handful of listings of homes for sale in the Preserve at Sharp Mountain, some of them attractively priced and a great deal for someone to looking to get into this upscale gated community at a bargain price, particularly when a short sale or foreclosure home comes on the market.
For a complete email list of homes or land for sale in The Preserve @ Sharp Mountain in Jasper, Georgia, more information on any Pickens County homes or land for sale, or daily email updates of any price changes, foreclosures, and homes new on the market in The Preserve at Sharp Mountain neighborhood, just send Send Us An Email with your request. You can also use our Property Search feature to search Jasper homes for sale by specific neighborhood.